Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing #5 Flickr

I really like this website!! I am (very much) a novice photographer, but what great works to look at! There are many resources available for me personally as well as to use in my classroom. Teaching a language allows me to open up the minds of the kids to the culture and what better way than with photos and images of what we are talking about! (ok, the best way is to actually experience the culture by being there, but photos are not a bad way to provide evidence of what we are discussing in class.)

I look forward to using this site in the fall! (and the tags make this so much easier to use than just a random google image search)

1 comment:

VWB said...

hummmm...i think I climbed that hill...more than once! :-)

very interesting photo...would love to see how kids used it as a writing prompt!