Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing #6 Mashups

This is an interesting idea. I can easily see how many of these applications work so well together. I looked at Travature.com and think this is a great tool for vacation planning, research and reporting back. Similarly, Flickr Color Pickr is a fun tool also. I could really see myself using this tool to find photos that I would want to match a color scheme in a room. But, back to the classroom. Since I teach Spanish, I could easily see having my students do research projects using travature to research Spanish speaking countries from around the world and have them plan trips, explore local cultural events, geography and view images of the local architecture and people. This would be a wonderful major grade, but would also provide an opportunity for the students to directly use technology in the classroom.

1 comment:

Double Learner said...

Great idea for the Travature! That sounds like a wonderful project.