Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #13 tagging

Delicious is a great site. I really see adding my sites and tags because I can't even count how many times I have tried to find my Bailey's cheesecake recipe or search for my favorite travel flight website. And the clip from common craft had a good point about my bookmark list growing constantly and becoming hard to manage.
As for research, this tool can ease the process by easily narrowing down topics with key words that are the focus of your topic. This will also improve my ability to access sites for further reference once I have made my initial notes from them. I have to admit the idea of carrying my bookmarks everywhere, for my own personal use, is my favorite part of delicious. Teachers can use social bookmarking sites for their students to recommend study sites, sites with tutorials/additional practice and research. There is also the potential for linking blogs about classroom experiments and activities as well.

No comments: