Tuesday, August 5, 2008

thing #22 Nings

Nings are a great tool for sharing ideas and applications between teachers. I explored Ning for teachers and really like the idea. It is great because I can network on ideas I am exploring in the classroom; everything from how to convey a concept to reaching a difficult student to subject specific material like daily Spanish phrases. I am a bit distracted by all the ads, but I guess this is where an RSS feed might come in handy. I have to say my favorite section is the lessons....sometimes I am stumped and do not know how to change things up (I just feel tapped out) and this is a great place to look for a start or inspiration. Also, I can post my blog here and do what I have found many teachers do...vent. I know we all got into education for our own personal reasons but for some reason we all have similar problems and people outside of education rarely understand them. So, my blog would be a good place to say my peace and move on and if other educators feel that these issues resound with them then they can respond. But, mostly I see classroom glitches getting resolved in this forum... problematic students, difficult material, new methodology for the classroom. It is a place to come, help and be helped.

No comments: