Tuesday, August 5, 2008

thing #23 summarize your thoughts about this program

1. My favorite experience was with flikr. It is a great resource for someone like me that thrives on the visual, loves to share images of what we are studying with our students and has a personal interest in photography. I also feel you cannot go wrong exploring this site. You cannot mess anything up!!
2. This program has assisted my lifelong learning goals by enhancing my technological education. Before I started this program I did not even have an Ipod (go ahead and laugh), now I have an Ipod, can blog and even create a photocast. I am no longer afraid of using technology in my personal life or in my professional classroom. I will continue to explore several of these sites and enrich my basic understanding.
3. I will definitely be using several of these sites again and look forward to really applying them in the classroom starting this fall. As for something I am taking away with me, I really am still shocked that I didn't collapse in the technology of it all. I have a new found appreciation for technology and it's application in the classroom.
4. To improve this program I strongly recommend more support...I suggest a once a week open chat room with the kickball captains. Also, for SBISD employees perhaps a booking of the computer lab at the admin building once a week for folks to come in and work on their posts. I know that I do better with face to face help and a new (not my comfy house) setting, perhaps others will benefit from that also.
5. I do not know if I would participate in this type of program again or not. (to be honest) While I do feel I learned a lot, I also feel that this was fairly time consuming and assumed a level of proficiency (that I do not have). For the future, I think my participation would depend on my time constraints, what the exact information to be shared is and the support methods in place.
6. I went from only knowing email to the rest of the internet - all in one course!
7. Oh, right. Guess I will go do that!

Thanks for the experience! I hope I got all of this right. Take care.

No comments: