Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #8 RSS Feeds

I enjoy the ability to skip ads and really focus my internet time. I can get distracted at times by some pretty random websites, but if I can go to my reader page, then I don't have to waste time constantly entering web addresses, scanning pages and getting the urge to try other random pages. Instead, I have the ability to enter and go just once!

RSS feeds are great for my job as a teacher because I can keep on the edge of what is happening in Latin America or other key Spanish (my subject) fields by having a reader with all Spanish sites. I can also allow my reader to link up with Spanish quiz sites, teaching sites or other sites that have educational tools for Spanish only.

Libraries can use the RSS feeds in several ways. I believe they may be useful to create subject specific research sites for teachers. Also, they can weed out ads that may be inappropriate for some age groups by having research feeds. Finally, I see librarians using the RSS feed for new books, favorite authors and publishing houses.

No comments: